Head of Finance
This is a unique opportunity to become the Head of Finance for a Private Eye Centre of a leading provider of Ophthalmic care in central London based on New Cavendish Street. Due to the organisation being a world renown, market leading provider of Ophthalmic care, individuals will travel far and wide to access the state-of-the-art facilities available at the Private Eye Centre. This has made this centre a vital asset to the wider Private Patients division as well as the wider NHS Trust, which the Centre’s profits feed back into.
The Head of Finance for the centre will report to the Clinic Manager whilst managing the Deputy Finance Manager and Finance Assistant and working closely with the Head of Finance for the wider Private Patients Division. Due to the independence of the centre from the wider trust, suitable applicants will have the ability to work autonomously and take ownership of their work, whilst also liaising and working collaboratively with the wider Private Patients team when needed.
This post holder will oversee the day-to-day financial management and control of the centre, whilst acting as the key link between finance and a range of clinical and administrative stakeholders. Other key responsibilities include:
- Providing financial advice and guidance to inform strategic decision-making for the business and aid in the production of narrative reports.
- Ensuring that robust processes and controls are in place to improve efficiency, manage financial risk, provide accurate and timely reporting, and that financial reporting is consistent with statutory standards.
- To support credit control for the handling of third-party payments that are collected on behalf of providers, whilst supervising the management of the financial ledger.
- Representing the Centre as required when communicating with external organisations such as insurance companies through negotiations.
- Influencing strategic planning and provide challenges to the entity's management team with overall responsibility for the financial planning within the Centre.
The appropriate candidate will be fully qualified with a CCAB body, with an extensive background in financial management and leadership and the ability to strategically plan and communicate with senior stakeholders, as well as a demonstrated experience in financial control. Experience managing the finances of a small to medium-sized business would be applicable. First-rate communication and interpersonal skills are vital here due to the diverse nature of the role. Exposure to Sage accounting would also be a benefit. Owing to the autonomous nature of the role a proactive approach to solving and anticipating problems is key along with a can-do, team-orientated attitude.
This post represents an excellent opportunity for someone to take ownership of the financial management of the Centre whilst working closely with a high-performance, market-leading NHS Trust and finance team. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of a vital subsidiary for the Trust. Someone with a strong accounting background and the desire to lead a small finance function to success will suit this role well.
To apply, please send a CV and supporting statement to JackCox@allenlane.co.uk by Sunday 3rd of March. For more information or an informal discussion please contact Jack Cox on 07921 336629.