My client's mission to save and improve the lives of men affected by prostate cancer; while this is highly ambitious, we strongly believe that the 12,000 partners, grandads, fathers, brothers, and mates who die every year are worth every minute of our effort.
To deliver on our mission we fund a pioneering and cutting-edge research programme, uniting the brightest minds in science and healthcare, and invest in health awareness to tackle the stigma associated with prostate cancer; activating men, and their loved ones, into doing something about it. We have announced the TRANSFORM research trial that, we hope, will provide the evidence required to set up a screening programme for men.
The Head of Finance is an exciting new role; you’ll deliver strategic financial planning, working closely with colleagues across the organisation. You’ll continue a continuous improvement mindset and ensure that we maintain strong and effective financial controls. You’ll work with a committed team, who are keen to keep learning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the finance team to deliver insightful information, enhance decision making and increase our impact;
- Business Planning – ensuring the charity has a robust budgeting and planning cycle in line with our long term vision and goals
- Leadership – developing and motivating a medium sized team
- Financial Control – ensuring robust financial processes and procedures are in place
- Financial Reporting and Audit – ensuring the financial performance and impact of the charity’s work is monitored and reported in a timely manner
- Leading on financial projects and continuous improvement to the finance function
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills gained in the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mindset. You will be a proven leader with excellent communication skills, able to build rapport, challenge and influence a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation. You will be committed to continuous improvement of the finance function to enhance better decision making across the organisation.
We’ve emerged from the pandemic in good financial health, and we are developing exciting and transformative plans for the future. As we accelerate our impact, it is a truly exciting time to join us as Head of Finance, and play a key role in shaping our future.
· Application deadline: Sunday 18th February
· Shortlisting: Thursday 29th February
· First stage interviews: Monday 4th March
· Second stage interviews: Tuesday 12th March
We need the very best people to help us achieve our ambition. We’re passionate about and committed to reaching men at risk and promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything we do. This includes increasing the diversity of our board and leadership. With this in mind, we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds and experiences.
We are proud to partner exclusively with Allen Lane on this appointment. To apply please send your CV and supporting statement via the link by Sunday 18th February. For an informal conversation about the role please contact Bryony Thomas via the Allen Lane agency website.