Your new company
This is a great time to join the finance team at London Borough of Brent. You will work with an outstanding leadership team and will join a highly committed and innovative team who are dedicated to building on their performance. Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make-up.
Your new role
Financial Analyst - Capital & Treasury
- This role will be project based in the capital and treasury team.
- You will provide treasury management and capital accounting experience with a focus on the council’s leases and PFIs.
- The role will support the shift to IFRS 16 and will review the existing PFI arrangements, supporting the Treasury function with their long-term cash modelling/capital accounting.
- You will also contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting relating to the capital programme and treasury management activities.
- You will also contribute to the closing of accounts.
What you need to succeed
- The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant/AAT and understand capital accounting and treasury management.
- You are likely to have worked in local government and have a clear understanding of the relationship between reporting on capital programmes and treasury management activities.
- You will have excellent written communication skills and be able to prepare reports in a succinct format.
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlements starting from 26 days' holiday a year
- A full range of family friendly policies, including generous maternity and paternity entitlements and childcare schemes
- Flexible working patterns, including hybrid working
- Training and development opportunities
- Good travel links in and out of Wembley and a range of cost saving travel schemes
- Access to My Brent Rewards, our dedicated website for staff with big brand discounts and local offers
- Work at the outstanding state-of-the-art Brent Civic Centre
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
The closing date will be 14th February but please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
If you would like to have an informal conversation regarding this role please contact Jan McQuaker on 0207 259 8745 or email email@example.com