Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is one of the leading providers of mental health, learning disability and drug & alcohol services for people of all ages in Southern England. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services, employing 2,300 staff across 39 sites, serving a population of 1.3 million. We have been recognised as ‘Good’ by CQC and have a strong reputation for innovation and partnership working.
Mental health is recognised as a national priority within the NHS Long Term Plan. The Trust has a £300m budget and is experiencing a period of growth as new partnerships, resources and technologies begin to transform the services we can offer.
Our Director of Finance has been promoted to Chief Finance Officer and we are now seeking to appoint a new Director of Finance to manage our Finance and Procurement team and regularly deputise for the Chief Finance Officer internally and with external stakeholders.
We have an ambitious agenda for you. You will drive forwards improvements in finance and procurement that will support our clinical and operational teams as we aim to move from CQC ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’. You will champion best practice in financial management, encouraging a culture that supports staff to focus on continuous improvement and embracing innovation in the way we deliver corporate services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising the Executive Board on the Trust’s financial management and planning.
- Developing and implementing a financial strategy that ensures the continued provision of innovative, successful, and sustainable services and the achievement of key financial targets.
- Developing a robust five-year financial plan to ensure the Trust is financially sustainable and meets its requirements as a Foundation Trust.
- Working closely with operational and clinical colleagues to assess new business cases, services, and partnerships, offering constructive challenge, commercial rigour and providing solutions.
- Managing the Trust’s contracting process, coordinating negotiations with commissioners, ensuring contracts are financially achievable and that we are meeting our contractual obligations.
- Developing a procurement strategy and business plan that ensure the Trust secures goods and services of the appropriate quality on a value for money basis.
- Deputising for the Chief Financial Officer internally and at meetings with the wider NHS system. particularly for the Surrey Heartlands and Frimley ICS finance forums.
You should be a qualified accountant or have commensurate professional experience, with a successful track record of working at a senior level in finance within a complex organisation. You will bring experience of developing and implementing financial strategy, excellent people management skills and the ability to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
Beyond that, we are looking for someone who is compassionate, can challenge conventional thinking, embrace change, and has a genuine desire to continuously improve our services.
For a recruitment pack with further information please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0207 747 4931. The Closing Date for applications will be 11pm on Monday 29th August.