- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to an occupational pension scheme
- A range of employee benefits including healthcare, public transport and gym memberships discount
We are seeking two qualified accountants (CIPFA or equivalent) to bring knowledge and enthusiasm to our financial management service.
We are looking for someone with a strong accounting knowledge, the ability to interpret and analyse complex legislation, a robust understanding of financial processes and procedures and the ability to undertake financial modelling, all of which are needed to provide support, advice and guidance to Council services. You could be deployed anywhere within the financial management team supporting a key Council service.
The successful applicant will possess strong communication skills and analytical skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a wider team. This role will involve management of staff; therefore leadership and management skills are essential.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Advising Service Directors, Service Manager and operational Budget Holders on the implementation of corporate financial initiatives, budget processes & procedure rules.
- Working closely with directorate and external contacts in order to produce robust estimates of spend based on modelling of demand and the understanding of legislation and other external factors.
- Provision of professional financial advice on service issues including policy developments or changes in service delivery. To attend appropriate meetings and working groups.
- Managing and develop staff through individual performance appraisal in such a way as to encourage innovation.
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of grant claims to protect/maximise the financial position of the Council as well as ensuring the accurate and timely provision of information to other agencies including Central Government, CIPFA, etc.
- Assisting the Head of Business Finance to secure proper financial administration across the Council including optimisation of the Council’s resources.
- You will be required to attend Financial Management Team meetings, Directorate Management Team meetings and external meetings relating to the Council service you support.
The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g., hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
Interviews: 12/13 September 2022