An exciting opportunity has arisen within our restructured finance team for motivated individuals. We are looking for highly motivated, professional CCAB/CIMA qualified accountants.
Finance Manager, Strategy
Reporting to the Head of Finance, Strategy, Treasury & Pensions, the Finance Manager will be an integral part of Finance, managing a team of up to 4 staff. You will:
- support the Head of Finance in leading and managing the Council’s financial planning function, advising of developments in local government finance that will impact on financial planning
- undertake financial modelling
- prepare reports including the month end budget report
Finance Business Partner
Reporting to the Head of Finance, Business Partnering, the Finance Business Partner will have overall responsibility for managing up to 6 FTE and provide financial management advice to service managers/budget holders. The Business Partner will implement and embed the business partnering function within their specified service area. The Business Partners role will include, but not limited to:
- working closely with all stakeholders to ensure best use of limited financial resources, providing the strategic financial insight, intelligence and support needed.
- Responding to government and professional consultations, implementation of best practice models and any other such requirements
- As a primary activity, to provide an effective Business Partnering function to the council and to contribute to the development of the policies, activities and service improvements required to deliver the function.
- ensuring that finance staff deliver to customers in an efficient manner, within a professional business framework. The post holder will have a body of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Providing advice and support which demonstrates depth of knowledge, expertise and customer focus and be responsible for the provision of revenue monitoring, capital monitoring, budget setting (revenue and capital), MTFS setting, closure of accounts
- supporting the council’s leadership at all levels and develop a strategic and workable response to the financial challenges the council faces in relation to the Services they are supporting.
The successful candidate will
- Be a qualified accountant, who will, ideally, have proven experience in a similar role or a proven track record in Business Partnering
- have knowledge of the major issues facing local government
- have experience of managing staff and have the ability to lead and develop a team be able to work in pressurised environment and be able to adapt to changing circumstances
- good and effective communication skills with the ability to work effectively with finance and other colleagues
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated finance professionals?
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities – Hybrid working is operated within the team
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Career progression opportunities
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The finance team structure was implemented in 2021. The Strategy Team is responsible for strategic and corporate finance including budget planning and budget monitoring.
For further information please contact Catherine Peter on 020 3045 3730 or e-mail Catherine.peter@bexley,gov.uk
- Closing Date for your application: 15/08/2022
- Please visit https://saas.zellis.com/lbb/wrl/pages/main.jsf to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: to be confirmed
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with Bexley Careers on LinkedIn