Job title Financial Accountant
Salary Circa £50,000
Allen Lane are delighted to be supporting a well known performing arts organisation in their search for a new Financial Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-known leading team on their mission to connect to audiences through inspiring, accessible, world-class opera and stimulating, creative participation programmes.
What the job involves
As Financial Accountant, you will work closely with the Finance Director in providing proactive advice on financial accounting across the organisation. You will take ownership of working closely with the business partners to maintain a collaborative relationship and provide high quality support at an exciting time.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Assisting with month end processes by processing various income and expenditure items including their reconciliation.
- Preparing balance sheet accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Preparing and submitting the quarterly VAT and withholding tax returns.
- Work with the external tax advisors on annual Theatre Tax Relief claim
- Overall responsibility for all capital expenditure including budgets, maintaining the fixed asset register and posting monthly depreciation.
- Preparation of the statutory accounts including auditors lead schedules and lead on the audit .
What we want from you
The successful candidate is likely to be newly qualified or Finalist Accountant from the Not for Profit, Commercial or wider Public Sector. This would also suit someone looking to make their first move out of practice and would provide an excellent platform in your career. You will have robust technical skills and direct experience of year end statutory accounts preparation. You will be an excellent communicator with the confidence to communicate and build rapport with a wide range of internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will be ambitious and self-motivated looking to pursue their career in the not for profit sector.
Contact Tiffany Richards at Allen Lane with your updated CV and supporting statement.