Allen Lane is pleased to be working with a London based Council to recruit an interim Senior Management Accountant. Working within the Corporate finance division this 6 month interim role will report to the Finance Business Partner and be responsible for supporting the division with financial reporting and planning.
- Working with Budget holders to support on the development of plans and budgets
- Analysis of proposals for spending, savings or costings and providing support to budget holders in regard to managing budget variances
- Preparation of monthly management reports including commentary
- Oversight of budget monitoring and providing support to Budget Holders with the preparation of monthly management reports
- Budget modelling and scenario testing as part of the development of budget strategy
- Complete or support on the return of grant and statistical returns
- Assist with the closure of accounts
- Part qualified or Finalist level Accountant Knowledge of financial planning and management reporting in a Council or Central government organisation Excellent communications skills
This interim role is for 6 months and is mostly fully remote although the Council do expect one day per month on site in their London office.