Finance Business Partner
Division: Service Finance
£49,674 - £53,793 per annum
About this job
- To act as lead Finance Business Partner for a defined set of services within the Council, providing financial advice and support to Directors, Heads of Service and other budget holders.
- To provide full financial support to a defined group of council services including (but not limited to)
- Budget monitoring and forecasting Technical advice in specialist areas (eg Dedicated Schools Grant, HRA,) Provision of accurate and timely reports on relevant financial issues and performance Providing data analysis and options appraisal to enable decision making Budget setting and financial planning Year end processes including providing specified notes to the accounts. Staying informed of financial regulations and legalities relevant to the service area and Public Sector Finance
Re-applying for posts
Applicants who have not been shortlisted or who are unsuccessful at interview cannot reapply for the same job if it’s within 6 months of the first advert – for further information please refer to our Jobs and Career Page - ‘Working for us and Information for Applicants’ on our website.
Special requirements for this post
Fully qualified CCAB accountant or AAT/part qualified or equivalent with significant experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles, policies and practices including experience of year end closure of accounts Experience of working in large complex organisations and supporting the financial management of significant budgets Ability to work on own initiative to identify and resolve financial problems and issues. Ability to communicate complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format. This includes writing reports and providing graphical representation of information.
- Ability to present to small audiences and explain financial issues verbally to non-finance professionals
- Ability to build constructive relationships with budget holders, managers, and other customers. Experience in identifying, supporting, and implementing system or process improvements, Ability to evaluate, interpret and analyse financial and other quantitative information
- Ability to use standard office IT systems such as Excel and Word and experience of using corporate financial management systems Ability to plan and manage own work to meet regular and adhoc deadlines Ability to develop and support more junior staff, challenging poor performance and celebrating good performance Understand and commitment to Equality and Diversity, applying its principles to all activities
As an employer we offer a competitive pay package that is fair, a decent pension for the future and employee benefits that make life just a little bit easier. Our Staff benefits includes a generous annual leave entitlement, LG pension scheme, learning & development, flexible working, employee support, support groups and “Wider Wallet” scheme which enable staff to access discounts on many high street stores and local businesses and save money on theme parks, theatre, cinema and eating out. There are also travel and holiday discounts, and health plans.
Closing date: 8 August 2022.
Interview date: 5 September 2022.