Sector: Local Government
Salary: £300 – £350 per day
Your New Role:
Our client – Local Government – is looking for an experienced Principal Accountant to:
- Help prepare and evaluate robust business cases supported by rigorous and robust financial modelling and commercial analysis, providing technical advice and interpretation of outcomes.
- To support strategic reviews and procurements, providing robust financial advice and challenge, including articulating financial implications and risks.
- To identify and embed innovative and creative solutions for continuous improvement in financial management. To proactively support the delivery of financial change programmes as required.
- To lead and manage complex financial returns, statutory returns, grants and other reimbursement claims as required including supporting documentation to meet audit requirements.
- Provide professional management to staff, strengthening skills and competence and fostering a strong culture of standards, performance, and accountability.
- CCAB qualified accountant, or part-qualified CCAB accountant with relevant experience, or qualified Accounting Technician with significant relevant experience.