A Local Authority in East Anglia are currently looking to recruit to an Interim Service Accountant for a period of 6 months to add capacity to the team.
To provide full and professional management and financial accounting services. This includes providing financial insight and advice to all business areas to support decision making.
Be proactive in engaging with business areas, proving support for financial planning, scenario modelling and budget forecasting.
- Providing accurate and timely information and advice;
- Ensuring budget managers and heads of service have a thorough understanding of their budgets;
- Identifying training needs and holding training and workshops as required to further develop financial knowledge within the service areas;
- Identifying budget risk areas and developing appropriate financial models and tools to enable budget managers to manage budgets through linking activity to budgets and spend;.
Co-ordinate the preparation of budgets in line with the corporate timetable, including:
- Supporting budget managers with the development of saving options;
- Providing updated modelling in relation to key service inputs into the medium term financial strategy;
- Supporting reviews of fees and charges and pricing strategies; and
- Supporting business change and transformation proposals.
You will be ideally Qualified or Part Qualified and have extensive experience working within a Local Government setting
The role does require some time on site