The post holder is critical in ensuring that NRW’s portfolio of grants is managed in accordance with Government policy guidelines. It will provide the Board, Executive Team and more specifically the Heads of Natural Resource Management Policy with expert technical advice on the management of grants, ensuring that appropriate policies and controls are developed, in place and are being followed. The post holder will be expected to liaise with external stakeholders such as WG and be the lead organisational expert.
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Considerable experience working within Finance environment at a senior and technical level.
- Experience of working in either an external funding or grant environment.
- Familiar with application of 'Managing Welsh Public Money' Principles, WG's 'Grants Centre of Excellence Minimum Standards' & The Cabinet Office's 'Government Functional Standard GovS 015: Grants.
- Experience of being able to understand, interpret and provide advice and solutions on technical and complex financial matters and communicate the results to non-finance staff in an understandable and engaging way.
- Qualified CCAB approved qualification or qualified by experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of our Finance Scheme of Delegation with an ability to advise others.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
To apply, please see our website for more details