Head of Finance
Closing Date: Sunday 17th July 2022
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Location: London, London (region), TW9 4DU
Can you lead and motivate a Finance team to deliver high standards of reporting, control and decision-making insight?
Are you ready to steer our Finance team through an ERP implementation and a transformation programme, helping to shape the future?
Do you want to work for an organisation that is the guardian of over 1000 years of iconic national documents, an essential resource for our democracy, and an asset for future generations?
If yes, then this role may be for you.
It’s an exciting time of change within the organisation as we seek to enhance our service, influence and effectiveness through the implementation of an ERP system and high quality Business Partnering.
Some of your key focus areas will be: -
- The provision of financial leadership to the Directors and Heads of Department of The National Archives.
- Leading the Finance department in line with Accounting Standards and the Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM).
- Providing leadership, support and challenge to the team to maintain high standards, and continuously improve.
- Ensuring business and financial planning and forecasting is robust and reflects the latest view of business priorities, identifying risks for mitigation and opportunities to maximise.
- Providing appropriate financial information and analysis for decision making purposes (both for the short and the long term) and ensure that financial obligations are met and there is effective stewardship of assets.
- Leading (for Finance) on major strategic and ad hoc projects, including the deployment of the new ERP system over the next 12 months.
We are looking for someone who: -
- Is a qualified accountant with experience of leading a team
- Has a collaborative and empowering leadership style
- Has a real passion for high quality delivery, seeing and realising the added value that finance can bring to both the organisation and the individual Directorates and teams within it
- Civil Service and/or Finance transformation experience is a bonus but not essential
In return we offer a strong benefits package including a competitive pension, and flexible working opportunities.
This is a full time post. However, requests for part-time working, flexible working and job share will be considered, taking into account at all times the operational needs of the Department. A combination of onsite and home working is available and applicants should be able to regularly travel to our Kew site.
We are committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce and therefore encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQI+ community, the trans community, those who are neuro diverse, and those with a disability.
Apply Link: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1797550