My local government client currently have an urgent need for an Accountant to work in their banking services team.
- Be responsible for leading various projects and improvement initiatives within the Banking Services Department
- Ensure sound governance of the council’s bank accounts, working with the controls team to ensure all bank accounts are reconciled
- To drive continuous improvements in controls processes, including performance reporting
- To work with service managers, IT, and finance teams to identify and resolve systemic issues and problems in data and feeder system
- To proactively work with IT to deliver automated reconciliation processes
- To proactively work with IT to ensure sound processes are built into changes to financial systems and implementation of new finance systems
- Be proactive in developing and improving the Controls Team and their offer to the organisation
- Support cash income team to include running daily files into the income management system from external systems, daily reconciliations of income system to ledger, assist with posting and identifying income and expenditure in bank statements, setting up new bank accounts and maintaining bank mandate and researching queries from Council departments and members of the public
You will ideally be CCAB qualified, but we will consider QBE if you have the relevant experience, you must have worked within a banking team within a Local Authority and ideally have used Civica.