A Local Government Consultancy are currently looking to make a number of new hires into their Local Government consulting team. They operate a flat structure reflecting the value they place on each team member’s contribution, so they only have one consulting band which accommodates consultants with a range of experiences and associated reward packages.
I am interested in hearing from people who have previously worked for either a management consultancy and/or in the public sector. The key thing for the client is the ability to add value to the projects you work on for their clients and build on the culture they are trying to build.
They have entered an ambitious period of growth and are keen to speak to candidates who are interested in helping them to design and deliver services to local government which:
- Supports the development of ‘places’ through business cases, accessing regional and government funds and targeted project work (e.g. to reinvigorate the high street);
- Delivers effective development management, development viability, programme management and project management;
- Establishes real or virtual funds to support economic growth / recovery and other objectives;
- Generate long term sustainable income streams or one off receipts through better use of assets;
- Identifies opportunities and evaluates options to drive regeneration, develop new housing and support growth ambitions;
- Develops a strategic approach to securing investment by developing and setting up trading companies, joint ventures and partnerships.
The points above reflect the broad-ranging mission, so they don’t expect relevant experience in them all. In fact, strong evidence of experience in one or two areas is preferred
They recognise that every candidate’s experiences and background will be different. They value a broad, diverse range of perspectives and we recruit based on competence and potential; typically, they expect the following:
- The ability to engage successfully with clients and client teams, as a lead or as part of a team
- Contributing to the design and delivery of projects, as a lead or as part of a team
- Monitoring and managing project timelines and key risks
- Working independently and self-managing time and resources
- Supporting business development, from coordinating and producing material for proposals to developing and leading market propositions
This role will be mixture of Office and Home Based and has some great benefits, If you wish to make a difference within the public sector then please do apply