Berneslai Homes has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Finance to join the team based at Gateway Plaza in Barnsley with the ability to also work agilely. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (37 hours per week), and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £53,907 to £58,604 per annum.
About the company:
Berneslai Homes are a successful, award winning social housing provider and employer, managing homes on behalf of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council. Working for us offers you a chance to play a real part in improving homes and communities throughout Barnsley.
The Head of Finance role:
This is a vital role here at Berneslai Homes, you will be instrumental in the management and planning of the finances of the Company and delegated HRA budgets. As part of the Senior Management Team, you will work closely with the Executive Management team to ensure our Strategic Plan targets are met and associated strategies are developed, resourced and achieved.
You will also be a natural, inspirational leader and be CCAB or CIMA qualified.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of Finance:
- Lead the strategic direction of the finance function across the Company
- Provide financial services which safeguard and promote the Company and HRA financial position
- Drive and assure best practice and compliance with legislation, regulations and accounting standards
- Provide professional leadership on finance matters including budget setting, budget monitoring and final accounts
- Advise the Chief Executive, Executive Directors and Heads of Service in managing the finances of the Company and delegated Council HRA budgets
- Provide advice and support to all budget holders including when dealing with complex financial issues
- Prepare and present management reports to Executive Management Team, Audit Committee and Board
- provide outstanding leadership and management of the finance team ensuring the provision of a first class finance service where the vision is clearly articulated, shared understood and acted upon effectively
- Facilitate and manage partnerships with external and internal audit
What we’re looking for in our Head of Finance:
- A CCAB or CIMA Qualified Accountant
- An inspirational leader
- Personal and professional credibility and a high level of probity and integrity
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of resilience
- High professional standards, organised and with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think and plan strategically, adapting positively to change
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A good communicator with strong presentation skills
What you might be asking is, why work for us?
We are proud to be an IIP Gold Accredited Organisation and we put our people first! By joining Berneslai Homes, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Flexible Working Packages
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Health & Wellbeing Checks
- Fantastic Training and Development Opportunities
- Closing date 27th May
- Shortlisting to take place on 30th May
- Interviews planned for 8th & 9th June
Berneslai Homes values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Head of Finance, please apply directly through our recruitment site linked below.