Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our team in Finance, Commissioning and Procurement.
The successful person will share our values, commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About the role
The Finance Business Partner will provide expert support and analysis for our service areas, enabling them to make a difference for our districts whilst ensuring effective financial controls are in place.
- work closely with service areas to create a real and active partnership with both operations and management, providing 'real time' financial support and analysis
- be a trusted advisor, communicating and persuading effectively, adding value, challenging, negotiating, and influencing Corporate Managers and Assistant Directors and provide a greater understanding of the financial implications of their operational and strategic decisions
- provide financial leadership, and highly relevant insight into the business performance of the designated service areas
- act as a key stakeholder in decision making by providing risk adjusted financial information and analysis.
We are looking for someone with great commercial acumen, strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of financial controls, systems and procedures.
You will need:
- to be able to evidence using these skills and knowledge to provide real time financial insight
- an understanding of the financial implications of decisions to non-finance colleagues.
- have a strong work ethic, possess proven communication skills
- an ability to challenge in an effective manner
- to be able to work well independently and as a member of a team.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
Benefits of working with us
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership.
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program.
- Employee Assist Program.
- Health Care Options.
Visit our Employer Benefits page (https://suffolkjobsdirect.org/bmsdc/GenText.aspx?page=Page20) on our career site for further information.
Our ways of working
Work is what we do, not where we go! We are committed to working in a more Hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working. (Business needs permitting) This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
To find out more
If you wish to discuss the Hybrid working approach for this role, or for an informal discussion, please call Sean Coulter, Senior Finance Business Partner, on (01449) 724678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website:
Closing date: 1pm, 24 May 2022.