Overview of the Advisory & Consulting service line
The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role within our Advisory & Consulting Service Line you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team
As an Assistant Manager in the Risk Consulting team, you will be responsible for delivering risk based internal audit work to a range of clients within the public, social & housing sectors. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing exceptional risk assurance services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with the management team.
- Preparation of draft internal audit reports.
- Maintaining good relationships with clients.
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required.
- Providing on-the-job training and supervision of junior team members.
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision, organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Controlling assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Responding to the needs of the client and team members.
- Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
- Identify opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds either ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of delivering internal audits.
- Good understanding of technical issues in the risk assurance sector.
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching audit trainees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.