In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk consulting, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
Our specialist Risk Assurance team provide services to across our strategic markets:
- Financial Services: Our team are one of the largest dedicated providers of Risk Assurance services to the financial sector, we work with many banks, insurance and asset management companies including FTSE, SEC, privately owned, as well as over 60% of the Lloyd's market.
- Public Services: Our team provide distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, housing and charities.
- Industry & Services: Predominately private sector clients, ranging in size from large and listed multinational organisations, to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and overseas.
As a Senior in the Risk Consulting team, you will be responsible for delivering risk based internal audit work to a range of clients, within the public services strategic market across the East Midlands. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing exceptional risk assurance services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with the management team.
- Preparation of draft internal audit reports.
- Maintaining good relationships with clients.
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required.
- Providing on-the-job training and supervision of junior team members.
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision, organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Controlling assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Responding to the needs of the client and team members.
- Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
- Identify opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds either full or part ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII (or equivalent) qualifications.
- Experience of delivering internal audits.
- Good understanding of technical issues in the risk assurance sector.
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
Please Note: The successful candidate must be living in the UK continuously for a minimum of 3 years to date so that they are able to meet and pass the police checking criteria required for this public sector position.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.