This role is responsible for delivering all aspects of financial advice across the Adult Social Care function to ensure the provision of comprehensive support to all levels of management and members. Ensuring pro-active and innovative guidance across the breadth of finance functions and supporting complex projects is an integral part of the role.
As this post is Adult Social Care specific, prior experience of this area is essential. The role will be focussed on a specific client area and supports a major transformation programme with significant savings attached. Stakeholder engagement, building and maintaining professional relationships and managing change are all key attributes. Adults is an exciting and high-profile area with opportunity for partnership working with colleagues, peers and health colleagues alike, supporting delivery of quality services to our communities across the council
The Finance team has an annual budget being £1.038m, with an Adult Social Care net budget of £442m.
- You will be CCAB qualified with a proven track record of working within adult social care finance, aware of the challenges facing the sector
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Essential evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long-term delivery of large scale services.