Chesham Town Council exists 'To improve the quality of life of all the residents of Chesham'. We work in close partnership with organisations, volunteers and the wider community to offer services to our residents, including parks and open spaces, allotments, play areas and environmental projects, in addition to the management of our commercial income generating facilities. We are unusual and interesting in that we own a 300-seat theatre, The Elgiva, and an open air swimming pool and gym at The Moor, which account for a significant element of our operational and commercial activity. We are also a key supplier of services devolved down from the higher authority, on behalf of Chesham's residents and numerous local parish councils.
About the role
Our new Head of Finance will oversee and lead the transformation project to switch current systems and processes to new digital platforms, whilst being responsible for supervising and reviewing financial operations at CTC. A varied programme that will implement widespread change and improvement, whilst supporting Section Heads through the provision of sound financial and management data to assist in the delivery of the Council's strategic projects.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the role, such as overseeing the monthly routine and close process, ensuring relevance of policies and leading on contract negotiations; working at pace, the Head of Finance will ensure clean processing of core accounting activities, provide a strong focus on the value-added activities in the Finance team, and act as the statutory RFO, maintaining responsibility of dealings with the regulators.
Experience of working with cloud-based account systems, and an accounting qualification such as AAT, ACCA or CIMA, as well as a resilient and adaptable attitude are essential in this position, and you should apply if:
- Experience of working in or running a finance department.
- You have a demonstrable track record of leading and / or delivering a financial change programme.
- You have experience of supporting multi-year investment projects and developing high quality forecast models.
- You are able to communicate finance matters in a clear and concise manner to a range of stakeholders.
- You are confident in proposing, developing and implementing effective financial strategies in order put forward proposals to stakeholders.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and encourage staff, colleagues and stakeholders.
For a full description of the role and person specification, please refer to the job description attached. To find out more about the work Chesham Town Council does, visit: www.chesham.gov.uk. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Councillor Jane MacBean firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary for this role is circa £56, 000. To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the requirements of the role.