Corporate Finance Business Partner
Location: City Hall with hybrid working option
Salary: £54,805 - £59,278 per annum
Norwich City Council is an ambitious, forward-looking authority with a clear vision for the future of Norwich and for how it needs to adapt to meet future demands and financial challenges.
We are seeking a corporate finance business partner to be the key technical lead on a wide range of financial activities. The role will be value-adding with significant exposure to key stakeholders and opportunities to influence innovative and diverse projects and policies. You will be a member of the finance management team and will help us to deliver high quality financial management and a proactive business partnering approach.
You will be able to operate at a senior level and have strong technical accounting skills with a hands-on approach. Being able to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of the team will be essential. You will be keen to share your expertise of local government finance with us so that we can continue to improve the service we deliver.
You must be CCAB qualified with broad experience of working within finance in a local government setting, including the delivery of treasury management and statutory financial accounts production.
The main aspects of the role will include:
- Managing the closedown of the council’s accounts and external audit;
- Overseeing the delivery of strategic treasury management, statutory treasury management reporting and tax advice;
- Providing expert technical advice on complex local authority financial issues and the implementation of accounting standards;
- Management of the transactional finance team, including exchequer services and income reconciliation;
- Contributing to the strategic and operational management of the finance team;
- Supporting other corporate projects as required.
If you are passionate and determined and share our ambition for ensuring strong financial management, we want to hear from you. For more information or to arrange an informal discussion please contact Andreas Efthymiou 07546 415 794 or Andreas.Efthymiou@Penna.com.
For further information please visit www.shapingnorwichcc.com
To apply please select the Apply Now button below.
Please follow the links below for the Job Description and the Person Specification.