Leicestershire County Council has an excellent reputation for providing a diverse range of high-quality internal audit and assurance services, both within the council and to a diverse range of external clients. This is a great opportunity to join our respected and forward-thinking Internal Audit Service and to expand your skill set working with a wide range of clients with differing risk profiles and auditing requirements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Senior Auditor, who can maximise the use of technology to deliver a wide range of audit assignments in a timely and efficient way. You should be ambitious, innovative, and committed to the continuous improvement of services. In this role you can make a real difference, providing advice and insight to senior managers to improve their governance, risk management and control framework.
You will be responsible for the provision of internal audit assurance and consultancy services from the design of detailed engagement plans through to confirming recommendation completion. In particular, relating to the evaluation and management of major current and emerging risks and complex, political and sensitive issues; providing general advice on risks and controls as required and carrying out specific investigations.
As a Senior Auditor you will have responsibility for undertaking and developing one of three associated functions (counter fraud, risk management and reporting on governance arrangements). These responsibilities may be rotated over time.
We are committed to the continuing professional development of our team, offering support and training to progress your career.
• Be CMIIA (or equivalent) qualified, PIIA qualified with extensive relevant experience OR CCAB qualified OR CCAB part-qualified with extensive relevant experience OR AAT qualified with extensive post qualification experience
• Have demonstrable experience of undertaking risk based internal audits of new or emerging complex, technical, political and sensitive issues
• Have a thorough understanding of modern internal audit techniques and their application in local government
• Have a thorough understanding of risk management and corporate governance frameworks.
Why work for Leicestershire County Council?
We’re in a key period of change as we are in the process of driving an organisation-wide transformation programme to deliver better outcomes for residents. We value the diversity of our areas of practice and our people, which makes us a great place to work and grow.
We offer a flexible, hybrid way of working. This includes working from home, although some office working or site visits may be necessary.
- Excellent support with your ongoing professional development
- Employee discount and benefit scheme
- 27 days annual leave (plus Public Holidays)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee wellbeing service
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact:
Matt Davis, Audit Manager at Matt.Davis@leics.gov.uk or 0116 305 7621,
Niru Patel, Audit Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0116 305 7611 or
Bharat Mistry, Audit Manager at email@example.com or 0116 305 7603.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022