Tameside is one of the 10 local authorities that make up Greater Manchester, nestling between the vibrancy of Manchester City Centre and the beauty of the Peak District on our doorstep. In the last few years we have created an integrated management structure with our local CCG. With a manufacturing and industrial heritage, we face many endemic issues associated with poverty, low-skills, low pay economy and inter-generational health challenges. Our vision for a new Tameside is captured in our shared plan – Our People, Our Place, Our Plan. This ground-breaking approach works for us and more importantly, is delivering the benefits of an integrated system for our residents.
The Authority is going through a period of change and with a new Assistant Director of Finance and a newly established Transformation Service this has created a number of job opportunities and promotion opportunities within the Finance Service. The service is committed to training and development, and over the past 3 years the service has strongly supported a number of training opportunities for AAT and CCAB via the Accounting Apprenticeships route.
The Finance Service is a centralised finance team using the Business Partnering approach providing financial advice and expertise throughout the whole organisation. You will play a crucial role in building transformed and financially sustainable cutting edge services that will serve residents and help improve health outcomes as part of our wider integrated Care Together programme and supporting the continuous improvement journey within the finance service. The Council actively encourages employees to work differently where feasible. The ongoing working arrangements for the team are under review and it is expected that a hybrid working model will be implemented which is likely to include a combination of remote and office based working.
If you have a high performing track record of achieving solutions, can work in partnership and be part of a strong team culture based around a borough wide vision, are a trusted individual who can operate as part of a team delivering financial outcomes to support future success and change, we would like to hear from you. You will also be proactive, motivated and dynamic with the drive and ability to succeed and deliver outcomes against stringent deadlines.
The post will provide strategic Financial Management support to Corporate Services Directorates of the Strategic Commission. The corporate finance team facilitates the delivery of a number of essential responsibilities which include:
• The development and maintenance of the Council’s medium term financial strategy, annual budget and savings programme.
• The management of the Council’s revenue and capital monitoring
• The development and maintenance of the Council’s capital programme
• Advising and supporting Corporate directorates to deliver and transform business priorities.
• Evaluating invest to save / service transformation proposals to deliver cost efficiencies, together with the evaluation of future year service delivery models
• Reviewing existing financial intelligence systems and appraising performance to deliver efficiencies and improvements
• The delivery of the Council’s annual accounts
• The management of both the Council and Greater Manchester Pension Fund treasury management function
Please contact: Heather Green, for further information / informal enquiries: Heather.Green@tameside.gov.uk