We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join our Central Finance Team with specific responsibility for producing the Statement of Accounts in a large metropolitan council.
Key duties include:
- Planning and managing the delivery of the day-to-day requirements for producing the Statement of Accounts, following the latest guidance, audit requirements and best practice
- Providing technical advice on financial accounting matters to service accountants and senior management across all service areas
- To plan and be responsible for producing the closure of accounts timetable, ensuring there is adequate time and processes for its delivery
- To manage and be responsible for the day-to-day liaison with the Council’s external auditors
- To direct, manage and take managerial accountability for the quality and integrity of data within the Council's Asset Register and how this is reflected in the Council’s year-end financial statements
- To manage key control processes including reconciliations of the General Ledger with feeder systems such as payroll, creditors, debtors, etc
To be suitable for this role you will need to be a qualified accountant who is able to establish positive and influential working relationships with colleagues across the Council. Detailed knowledge of Local Government Accounting regulations is desirable.
You will need to be able to work to strict and challenging deadlines and be committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards in the financial activities of the Council.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Amarjit Uppal for an informal conversation on 01384 812425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th December 2021.
NB: We reserve the right to close this job advert early of we receive a large number of applicants.