A London Borough are currently looking to recruit an Interim Senior Finance Business Partner for a period of 6 months overseeing Children’s Social Care.
- Responsible for providing specialist and senior financial and accounting support to Children’s Services
- Support all officers within the service area, providing them with high level professional advice on a very broad range of financial issues and their relation to the council's corporate and managerial objectives.
- To provide significant and senior input to corporate financial processes such as co-ordinating major elements of the annual accounts or budgeting processes.
- To advise on and maintain appropriate financial controls and to challenge senior managers as necessary in this regard.
- To be an appropriate professional role model to junior staff in the department and to foster and champion professional development.
- Manage people, performance and budgets.
- Contribute to the longer term development of the service area.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report upon large amounts of complex financial, accounting and output information and to analyse complex business processes.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial managers, Directors and Members, adapting style to suit the audience and the issue.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret legislation and regulation, and to develop strategic policy responses accordingly.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of motivating and inspiring junior staff and building effective working relationships at senior levels across the organisation and with partners.
- Able to organise resources and plan work to meet individual, team and departmental objectives.
- Experience of working in Children’s Social Care Finance.
- CCAB Qualified
The role is predominately remote with an expectation of 1 day a week in the office.