Bristol City Council – Financial Accountant
Despite the challenges facing local government, Bristol City Council are playing a leading role in driving a city of hope and aspiration, where everyone can share in its success.
In achieving this vision, Bristol are working with partners to empower communities and individuals, improve economic and social equality, and create healthier and more resilient communities where life expectancy is not determined by wealth or background. The Council delivers a diverse range of services, and have an ambitious capital and investment programmes for the city, and to support people who live, visit, and work in Bristol.
To support this and deliver on key strategic objectives, Bristol are recruiting a number of Finance positions, including a Financial Accountant. Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Business Partner (External Reporting), the Financial Accountant will play a key role in provision of specialist accounting advice and support to the Council. Key responsibilities include;
- Taking a proactive approach in managing and delivering financial accounting services
- Reviewing and introducing financial control procedures to aid the identification of risks and providing advice and guidance, to improve financial management for the Council
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for business improvements and efficiencies
- Playing an active role in the year end process, supporting the production and publication of statutory accounts and acting as the main point of contact with the external auditors
- Ensuring a culture of continuous improvement looking to constantly adding value and inspire success
To be suitable for this role you need to be a fully qualified finance professional with a strong technical skillset and the ability to interpret complex legislation. You will also have the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialist accounting support and advice to the wider Council.
For more information on the roles available and Bristol City Council including their values, as well as the recruitment process please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/bristol-city-council or contact Matthew Swindell on 07921 337926 or Will Ryan on 07789 871864 for a confidential conversation.
Bristol City Council go that extra mile for their people; they offer a work environment which is fast moving and supportive, giving you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high-profile organisation.
These roles are able to work remotely for the majority of the time, with occasional trips to the office. These are anticipated to be around once a month or less. Any journeys to the office would be at the employees own expense. Part-time working arrangements can also be accommodated with these roles.
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the city we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic, and disabled candidates who are currently under-represented within this Service of Bristol City Council. Appointments will be made on merit.