We are looking for a motivated person who is excited by the opportunity to develop and deliver the policy agenda for social care reform.
You’ll deliver evidence-based policy and research to underscore the credibility of CIPFA’s expertise in public financial management and governance. The core functions of the role include researching and providing evidence-based policy and, where relevant, technical advice to CIPFA Networks and members of communities of practice, the executive and other CIPFA representatives. You’ll identify, prepare and/or commission research, publications, documents, articles, analysis and guidance that benefit public financial management in the UK and internationally, with a need to develop and maintain knowledge of social care across the devolved administrations.
The role will require you to manage and draft high-quality requests for written briefings demonstrating the institute’s expertise. This would include media responses, presentation materials and other publications.
The successful candidate will be joining an inclusive and supportive team comprising a mix of finance and policy professionals. We are committed to providing an environment for all to thrive, with opportunities to learn and develop in the role. You will work directly with central government and other public sector bodies to keep our members at the forefront of the crucial issues affecting local government decisions on social care.
You will be required to communicate and influence in a straightforward, honest, and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact, ensuring communication has a clear purpose. With practical experience of working in a senior role and/or practical experience of accounting and budgeting within social care sector.
The role involves:
- Innovating, developing and delivering products and services to achieve CIPFA’s annual business plan for the social care network.
- Monitoring, analysing and commenting on technical and professional developments impacting on public sector financial management, the accountancy profession, CIPFA members and students. Draft and develop responses on behalf of CIPFA to relevant external consultations, gaining input from current practitioners.
- Developing training and other products and where appropriate, assist with the delivery of training and product delivery
You will have:
- a robust and up to date knowledge of social care
- excellent communication and networking skills with a persuasive and convincing approach to explaining and resolving complex issues to clients.
- the ability to deliver high standards, of team working and integrated solutions to complex problems.
In return we offer:
- 36 hour working week (normally between the hours of 8.00 am to 6.00 pm) within a flexible framework
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 10% employer's pension contribution
- Season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & well-being, retail, restaurants, and mobile technology providers
CIPFA is a forward-looking organisation and is presently developing a modern and progressive approach to flexible working. The location for the role will be dual location at both home and at a designated CIPFA office.
Who we are….
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) is a UK-based international accountancy membership and standard-setting body. We are the only such body globally dedicated to public financial management.
CIPFA believes that improving public services is the key to changing lives for the better and that good public financial management is central to achieving this ambition.
Our educational and advisory services support our members, students and other public finance professionals throughout their careers – helping them add value to their teams and the organisations for which they work.
Through our work, we help ensure public money is raised and spent with the highest degree of openness.
We are committed to making a real difference to the world we live in.
For a confidential discussion about the opportunity please call Kirsty Stanners, Head of Policy & Technical on 07866484322.
To apply please attach a copy of your CV and covering letter to tell us how you think you meet the requirements laid out in the job description. Please draw particular attention to experience, skills, achievements, and knowledge gained in past employment or other activities which are relevant to the role.
Please note we may close the vacancy early once a sufficient number of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.