I am currently recruiting for an Interim Treasury Accountant for a London Borough to take responsibility for managing the Council's debt and investment portfolios. On a day to day basis this means managing the Council's cash flow position to ensure surplus cash is invested in line with the Council's counterparty list and all transactions are executed correctly and within the control environment.
You will also report to the committee on a quarterly basis and take responsibility for closing the treasury accounts.Previous experience of treasury management essential
Key objectives will include;
- To ensure security of the Council’s investments and secure the best rates of interest after that primary goal is met
- To understand the financial environment and its impact on the Council’s treasury activities
- To understand the Council’s debt requirements and advise senior officers on how to finance borrowing requirements
- To understand and analyse the Council’s balance sheet position and use this to inform the treasury position
- To be responsible for the control environment of the treasury function and financial reporting for the treasury management function
- To support the Head of Treasury and Financial Transactions with the strategy for treasury management
- To provide advice on leasing, private finance initiative and other financing routes
This role will be remote working.