An opportunity to join and lead a high-performing internal audit and counter-fraud team in a newly created leadership role with an ambitious and dynamic London borough
Salary £74,568-89,612| London (Remote / Flexible Working)
This is a newly-created role and represents an exciting opportunity to set the strategy for the delivery high-quality internal audit and counter-fraud services.
Furthermore, as a senior manager you will support the corporate transformation required to enable Lambeth Council to continue to deliver ambitious objectives and first-class essential services for the borough and its residents.
Reporting to the Director for Finance & Property, and leading a high-performing team of professionals, you will be tasked with:
- Setting the strategic direction of Internal Audit and Counter Fraud services within the council, with a focus on prevention and control.
- Delivering sound governance and assurance through an effective and efficient internal audit and counter fraud service.
- Championing best practice in governance and risk management
- Driving the performance of the in-house and contracted services.
- Overseeing fraud investigations including prevention, detection and prosecution; as well as monitoring investigations and casework, and advising directors and members on standards and ethics.
- Working with and advising members on relevant issues.
- As a leading member of the Cross Council Audit Group and the London Audit Group, engaging with colleagues and partners across London to improve the audit services and lead the development and procurement of best-in-class audit and advisory frameworks.
This exciting internal audit and counter-fraud role calls for a qualified financial professional seeking an opportunity to lead a finance function that is keen to do more – to continually focus on internal customers, and driving customer satisfaction, whilst continually demonstrating independence, and providing a combination of support and challenge to senior managers.
So, if you are seeking an opportunity to join and lead a high-performing internal audit and counter-fraud team in an ambitious and dynamic London borough, look no further.
Please follow the instructions to apply, or contact Andrew Tromans (email@example.com or 07805 226 301) to arrange a confidential conversation.