An exciting opportunity to create a culture of ambition and entrepreneurship to maximise benefits for the council and residents alike
Salary £74,568-89,612| London (Remote / Flexible Working)
Reporting into the Director for Finance & Property, you will be tasked with delivering a high-quality procurement and contract management service that combines best-practice with customer-focus.
As a senior manager, you will support the corporate transformation required to enable Lambeth Council to continue to deliver ambitious objectives and first-class essential services for the borough and its residents.
Leading a high-performing team of professionals, and responsible for in excess of £600m spend per annum, you will be tasked with:
- Leading a professional service that champions a best practice and commercial approach to procurement and contract management
- Regularly reviewing the council’s procurement frameworks, programmes and long-term procurement strategies to achieve maximum value for money and support the delivery of corporate objectives.
- Supporting the delivery council-wide of improvements in productivity and efficiency through better procurement, contract and supplier management.
- Creating a culture of ambition and entrepreneurship among the council’s commissioning, procurement and contract professionals – thus building capability and enhancing corporate commercial and market understanding.
- Challenging existing practices and creating a mandate to implement initiatives that will improve outcomes for customers and residents
This exciting procurement and contract management role calls for an experienced procurement / commissioning professional seeking an opportunity to lead a high-performing team to ensure that the council is leveraging all procurement and contract management opportunities to deliver maximum benefit for the council and for residents.
So, if you are seeking an opportunity to join a high-performing procurement team that is ambitious and keen to do even more, look no further.
Please follow the instructions to apply, or contact Andrew Tromans (email@example.com or 07805 226 301) to arrange a confidential conversation.