An exciting opportunity has arisen with a progressive and reputable Public Sector organisation, who are looking to identify an ambitious and dynamic Service Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Service Accountant will play a key role in business partnering with budget holders and senior stakeholders, and provide high quality advice to identify challenges and opportunities to support operational decision making. Key responsibilities include;
- Taking a proactive approach in managing and delivering management and financial accounting services
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for business improvements and efficiencies
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure that robust financial controls are in operation, and that financial risk is understood
- Providing support for financial planning, scenario modelling and budget forecasting
- Ensuring a culture of continuous improvement, looking to constantly adding value and inspire success
To be suitable for the Service Accountant role you need to be an AAT Qualified / CCAB Part-Qualified (or equivalent) customer-focused finance professional with the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders. You will have proven experience of helping develop a business partnering approach.
This role is supportive of flexible working and will operate on a hybrid approach, with c. 50% homeworking and 50% office based.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated finance professional looking to make an impact in the sector and will provide an excellent platform to develop your career.
We strongly value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive working environment where everyone can thrive and is engaged and happy at work. We offer opportunities to everyone and judge each application on merit, but are also keen to improve the ethnic diversity of our workforce.
For more information on the role available, please contact Matthew Swindell at Allen Lane for a confidential conversation.