Tameside Council and NHS Tameside and Glossop Clinical Commissioning Group (the Strategic Commission) are considered a “trail-blazer” both nationally and within Greater Manchester of developing and implementing new and innovative place-based solutions. Co-located in Tameside One, a new state of the art office building in Ashton town centre, the finance team are instrumental in the delivery of this vision and performance manage an Integrated Commissioning Fund of almost £1 billion.
Services are supported via a business partnering approach providing financial advice and expertise throughout the whole organisation. The team is currently looking for a Finance Manager (Mental Health & Adults Services). You will play a crucial role in building transformed and financially sustainable cutting-edge services that will serve residents and help improve health outcomes as part of our wider integrated Care Together programme. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to be able to work across two organisations, to support financial and commissioning decisions as part of the future Integrated Care System, and to support place-based models of care within neighbourhoods.
If you have a high performing track record of achieving solutions, can work in partnership and deliver a strong team culture based around a borough wide vision, are a trusted individual who can operate as part of a team delivering financial outcomes to support future success and change, we would like to hear from you. You will also be proactive, motivated, and dynamic, with the drive and ability to succeed and deliver outcomes against stringent deadlines.
This role will support Financial Management Service deliver a range of duties within the service which includes:
• Financial support, advice, and guidance to the Adults Social Care and Mental Health Directorate.
• Advising and supporting directorates to deliver and transform business priorities.
• Evaluating invest to save/service transformation proposals to deliver cost efficiencies, together with the evaluation of future year service delivery models.
• Reviewing existing financial intelligence systems and appraising performance to deliver efficiencies and improvements.
• Deliver on Financial tasks including budget monitoring, budget setting and final accounts tasks.
• Provision of thorough financial advice whilst ensuring compliance with Council/CCG procedures.
• Liaison with officers across a range of disciplines within the Council/CCG, together with related partners and agencies.
Please contact Stephen Beswick, Senior Finance Business Partner, for further information/informal enquiries: email@example.com, 07500 572584.
** This post is classified as being in a professional job category. As such the grade for the job has a professional grade development bar which employees can progress through subject to meeting the following criteria:
- Relevant professional qualification for the job role at Level 6 or above.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in the role.
- Maintained membership of a regulated body where this is a requirement to practice in the role where applicable.
- Professional standards practised to the highest expected level.
Closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021.
Interview date: To be arranged.