Tameside Council and NHS Tameside and Glossop Clinical Commissioning Group (the Strategic Commission) are considered a “trail-blazer” both nationally and within Greater Manchester, of developing and implementing new and innovative place-based solutions. Co-located in Tameside One, a new state of the art office building in Ashton town centre, the finance team are instrumental in the delivery of this vision and performance manage an Integrated Commissioning Fund of almost £1 billion.
Services are supported via a business partnering approach providing financial advice and expertise throughout the whole organisation. The team is currently recruiting a Senior Finance Manager (Corporate Services). You will play a crucial role in building transformed and financially sustainable cutting-edge services that will serve residents and help improve health outcomes as part of our wider integrated Care Together programme. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to be able to work across two organisations, to support financial and commissioning decisions as part of the future Integrated Care System, and to support place-based models of care within neighbourhoods.
If you have a high performing track record of achieving solutions, can work in partnership and deliver a strong team culture based around a borough wide vision, are a trusted individual who can operate as part of a team delivering financial outcomes to support future success and change, we would like to hear from you. You will also be proactive, motivated, and dynamic, with the drive and ability to succeed and deliver outcomes against stringent deadlines.
The post will provide strategic Financial Management support to Corporate Services Directorates of the Strategic Commission. The corporate finance team facilitates the delivery of a number of essential responsibilities which include:
• The development and maintenance of the Council’s medium term financial strategy, annual budget and savings programme.
• The management of the Council’s revenue and capital monitoring.
• The development and maintenance of the Council’s capital programme.
• Advising and supporting corporate directorates to deliver and transform business priorities.
• Evaluating invest to save/service transformation proposals to deliver cost efficiencies, together with the evaluation of future year service delivery models.
• Reviewing existing financial intelligence systems and appraising performance to deliver efficiencies and improvements.
• The delivery of the Council’s annual accounts.
• The management of both the Council and Greater Manchester Pension Fund treasury management function.
Please contact Heather Green, Finance Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 342 2929 for further information informal enquiries.
** This post is classified as being in a professional job category. As such the grade for the job has a professional grade development bar which employees can progress through subject to meeting the following criteria:
- Relevant professional qualification for the job role at Level 6 or above AND a management qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in the role.
- Maintained membership of a regulated body where this is a requirement to practice in the role where applicable.
- Professional standards practised to the highest expected level.
Closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021.
Interview date: To be arranged.