The Finance & Procurement service is offering an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant. We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual for a newly created post of a Project Accountant, who will support the provision of an efficient and effective Finance service by leading and supporting the financial aspects of key improvement and change initiatives.
The post offers the opportunity to be involved in a range of projects across various services, with an initial primary focus on supporting the development and implementation of the Council’s Through Age and Wellbeing Programme.
In exchange for your skills and interest, we will offer in return the opportunity to work in a forward thinking and ambitious organisation located in an area recognised for its stunning landscapes and beaches. Furthermore, you will have:
- Up to 33 days annual leave days per year (plus 8 public holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice schemes including the Cycle to Work scheme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including discounted memberships to our local leisure centres
- Life-style savings and Vectis card and much more.
As a result of Covid19 the Council continues to follow Welsh Government guidelines and as a result this post would initially be home working. There may be an opportunity for it to continue as homeworking.
Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
To view the job description and person specification as well as to apply online please visit our careers site.
Note: We reserve the right to extend the application closing date.