Department of Chief Executive
West Yorkshire Pension Fund
INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Band 7 to SO1: £21,748 - £29,577 pa
3 x 37 hours per week
Based at Aldermanbury House, Bradford.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
West Yorkshire Pension Fund is a leading Local Government Pension Fund and one of the UK largest pension funds, based in Bradford. Due to our increasing number and value of assets under management we require additional staff in the role of investment administration officers to join our friendly team based in Aldermanbury House in Bradford City Centre.
The investment administration officers’ role is a varied one, where your skills and versatility will be utilised to support the breadth of our Investment Administration Team’s function. A key part of the investment administration officer’s role will be to provide a number of varied investment back office support within the Pension Fund, with opportunities to progress and support for accountancy training. Key duties include:
- Investigate and resolve investment transactions, dividend and capital statements queries
- Match income received to income entitlements and accrue for outstanding income
- Produce adhoc reports and analysis
When required, you will support the Investment Administration Team by undertaking:
- Daily investment income transactions processing on investment system, accounting general ledger (data entry, statement reconciliation)
- Daily processing of investment trade activities on global financial custody systems
- Creditor and debtor processes
- Bank accounts reconciliation, and suspense account clearance
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous accounting experience of general ledger record maintenance, bank reconciliation and sundry debtor transactions
- Experience in month end reconciliations and preparing variance analysis
- Intermediate capability in using financial software such as SAP or Oracle Financials
- Studying or willing to study for accountancy qualifications
- Excellent Excel and Words skills
- Strong attention to detail and root-cause resolution, demonstrates a high level of intellect and speed of understanding
- Versatile and adaptable, willing to undertake an array of basic financial tasks
- Outstanding customer communication skills, be an excellent team player, and able to multi-task
For further information regarding these posts please contact our Senior Investment Admin Officer, Lynn Peckitt on 07812 490 010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Basic disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
Interviews will be conducted week commencing 18th October 2021
Please find the Job Profile attached: Investment Admin Officer Job Profile.docx