We are currently working with a London Borough to recruit a number of key positions supporting them as they continue their drive to be innovative and self-sufficient, providing opportunities for growth across the Borough. As part of this they want a finance department, which influences right across the Council and is focused on continuously improving the service on offer, providing more financial data analysis to decision-makers and supporting non-financial services to become more confident around managing their budgets.
These positions will initially be remote working in line with current government guidance. However, when government guidelines change staff can still spend the majority of their time working remotely. They would be able to accommodate staff only being in the office once or twice a month.
We are recruiting three Business Partner roles across Social Care and Place. The Business Partners will be responsible for implementing the business partnering function and providing strategic support in all aspects of financial advice for their specified service across the Council. Key responsibilities will include
- Acting as a partner with the service leadership teams to develop, constructively challenge and support service plans and project delivery
- Assessing situations from a commercial, business or finance perspective; providing appropriate financial advice to support complex business decisions
- Ensuring the best use of limited financial resources, providing the strategic financial insight, intelligence and support needed
- Helping develop a strategic and workable response to the financial challenges the council faces in relation to the Services they are supporting
- Ensuring the team provide a customer focused approach to their Service
To be suitable for the role you need to be a fully qualified accountant, with proven experience of developing relationships with and influencing stakeholders. Exposure to managing and developing staff is highly desirable.
Early application is recommend as interviews are ongoing.