We are currently working with a London Borough to recruit a number of key positions supporting them as they continue their drive to be innovative and self-sufficient, providing opportunities for growth across the Borough. As part of this they want a finance department, which influences right across the Council and is focused on continuously improving the service on offer, providing more financial data analysis to decision-makers and supporting non-financial services to become more confident around managing their budgets.
These positions will initially be remote working in line with current government guidance. However, when government guidelines change staff can still spend the majority of their time working remotely. They would be able to accommodate staff only being in the office once or twice a month.
The Finance Manager Strategy will manage a team of 3 responsible for the development of the Council’s financial strategy, capital strategy, medium term financial plan, revenue budget and capital programme. Key duties will include;
- Ensuring the council has an integrated approach to strategic financial planning and the plans that flow from it so as to support the delivery of outcomes
- Playing a proactive role in the development of a financial strategy which reflects the Council’s corporate strategy
- Co-ordinating revenue and capital monitoring for the Council and developing corporate ratios and performance management measures and tools
- Promoting the development and use of appropriate financial data analytics to improve financial information
- Supporting the council’s leadership at all levels and developing a strategic and workable response to the financial challenges the council faces
To be suitable for the role you need to be a fully qualified accountant, with experience of financial planning and budgeting, ideally within a Local Government setting. Good interpersonal and communications skills are essential, as is the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders.
Early application is recommend as interviews are ongoing.