At Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) we have recently redesigned our finance team which provides support for Mayoral and GMCA functions, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue, Police and Crime Commissioner, Transport for Greater Manchester and Greater Manchester Waste Disposal. Following internal promotions we now have 2 x Senior Finance Manager positions to fill.
We are looking for candidates with substantial experience of working in an accounting position including responsibility for a small team or function. An essential requirement is possession of the AAT qualification or CCAB/CIMA qualification (or nearing completion of CCAB/CIMA). As part of a new Finance team, we particularly need people with excellent team working skills, self-confidence and a proven ability to assist in maximising the effectiveness of a team.
The successful candidates will assist in preparing and co-ordinating detailed revenue and capital budgets that contribute to the preparation of both the service business plan, and the overall GMCA’s annual budget. The position includes the management of a small team responsible for providing financial advice, management and monitoring information in respect of a service area.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following:
- Essential requirement to be very experienced AAT qualified or in possession of the CCAB/CIMA qualification, preferably CIPFA or nearing completion of CCAB/CIMA qualification.
- Substantial experience of working in a managerial accounting position including responsibility for a team and/or function.
- Sound knowledge of the statutory framework for accountancy, and understanding of accounting principles and techniques, including an appreciation of the CIPFA Accounting Code of Practice for Local Government and Accounts and Audit Regulations.
- Experience of reviewing and developing financial procedures and routines, ensuring they are maintained to aid the effective operation of a complex financial management service.
As an employer, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is made up of a number of key Greater Manchester strategic functions and service providers including; Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS); Waste and Recourses; Environment; Work and Skills; Research; Public Sector Reform; Police, Crime and Criminal Justice; Homelessness; the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub and the Commissioning Hub.
We value the diversity of our employees, and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across Greater Manchester. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
To find out more about working for us please click here: https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/
In return for your hard work, we offer our employees a competitive package as part of our offer, which includes:
- Flexible working conditions with the ability to accrue 2 flexi days every 4 weeks (up to grade 11)
- Family friendly policies including parental leave (maternity, shared parental, adoption, maternity support)
- Ability to buy additional annual leave
- Generous Annual leave scheme - 25 days + Bank Holidays per annum upon starting, after 5 years service increase to 30 days + BH and after 10 years service increase to 32 days +BH.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employer investment in training and development, and professional sponsorship including CPD
- Corporate travel loans
- Cycle scheme
- Discount scheme (MiRewards) on local and national high street brands
- Health and wellbeing offer - Occupational Health and Employee Assistance programme
- Modern city centre offices (role specific)
- Sports and welfare club
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity with 4 active staff networks for; LGBTA, BAME, Disability and Womens
Employees on the redeployment register will be given priority for any vacancies in the first instance. If employees are identified as a match from the register then the vacancy may be withdrawn or put on hold pending an outcome.
Please also note, due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidance, all interviews will be taking place virtually on Microsoft Teams or Skype. For more guidance and hints and tips for remote interviewing see our website: https://www.greater.jobs/content/10275/our-top-tips-for-video-interviews If successful on application, the hiring manager will be in contact so that you can both test the technology before the interview