This role is a key part of the Financial accounting and governance team. You will be the lead technical accounting expert in NRW and ensure that NRW complies with International Financial Reporting Standards, Governmental guidance (FReM and Treasury rules), internal policies as well as tax laws and other relevant legislation. You will lead on the interim and statutory accounts production process ensuring adherence to relevant statutory requirements and deadlines. You will engage with other parts of Finance, Governance, Internal Audit, Welsh Government, HMRC, the banks, Audit Wales. This encompasses overseeing the interim and year end audits with Wales Audit Office ensuring all requests for information are fulfilled.
Qualifications and Skills
- A professional CCAB approved qualification.
- Experience of being responsible for the compilation of statutory accounts.
- Detailed understanding of International Accounting Standards (IFRSs) and how to apply them in practice.
- Excellent understanding about the potential of using the Finance systems and other software/applications to meet the requirements of this post.
- Experience of being able to understand, interpret and provide advice and solutions on technical and complex financial matters and communicate the results to non-finance staff in an understandable and engaging way.
- Knowledge and understanding of our Finance Scheme of Delegation with an ability to advise others.
For more information, please visit our website