Are you a proven leader with extensive local government accounting experience? Do you have significant experience of leading preparation of local authority annual Statement of Accounts and end of year closedown? Then read on!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven manager to join our friendly, well respected and hard-working Finance Team. You will be based at the Town Hall with a very flexible approach to home working (currently we are 100% working remotely) and be responsible for leading and develop an accountancy team to deliver financial and corporate accounting services.
You will ensure resilience across functions, and that members of the team have opportunities to expand their knowledge and take on new responsibilities. You will be an active member of the Finance Management Team and expected to play a key role in the continuous development of the Finance Function.
About the Person:
- You will have extensive local government accounting experience
- You must have experience of leading preparation of local authority annual Statement of Accounts and end of year closedown
- You will have Treasury Management and Collection Fund Accounting knowledge and experience
- You must have experience of leading service development projects
- You will have experience of leading and managing a team
- You will be able to create an encouraging and optimistic environment and bring others with you
- You will work across boundaries to develop relationships, share information and keep others informed
- You are able to view change as an opportunity for improving and developing
- You will share and implement good ideas, learning from others both internally and externally
- CCAB Qualified (preferably CIPFA)
- Commitment to complete CPD
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: Sunday 15 August 2021 at 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please contact Andreas Efthymiou at email@example.com or 07546 415794.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
For more information or to apply please click here.