Strategic Finance Business Partners x 2
Adult Care and Health Services
Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services
£54,756 - £65,858 plus a £5,000 market supplement
Reading Borough Council are entering a period of exciting change. Despite the challenges facing local authorities Reading are focused on improving the quality of life for residents, including investing in new leisure facilities, reducing our carbon footprint, improving customer service and putting in place more self-enabling support within Social Care.
To support these changes and also to play a key role in the finance improvement programme underway at Reading, we are recruiting two Strategic Finance Business Partners for Adult Care & Health Services and Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services
The Strategic Finance Business Partners will lead teams who will need to embed themselves in the services to better understand the challenges and opportunities, creating initiatives to financially benefit the Council and becoming proactive and trusted financial advisers. They will be focused on helping each Directorate provide the right support, at the right time and in the right place, and increasing the focus on more self-enabling support.
Key responsibilities include;
- Being the senior strategic financial adviser for the Directorate as a key member of their directorate management team
- You will work closely with the Executive Director, Assistant Directors and other stakeholders, including Council Members
- Being the S151 Officer’s representative in regard of all financial matters relating to the directorate
- Delivering a robust and pro-active financial planning and reporting service as well as driving and maintaining high standards of financial control
- Understanding cost drivers, risks and opportunities to generate ideas and create initiatives, as well as providing challenge
- Developing a high performing customer focused team to support decision making
To be suitable for this role you need to be a fully qualified customer-focused finance professional with the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders. You will have proven experience of developing a business partnering approach, ideally within appropriate setting.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.
To find out more, please contact our recruitment partners at Penna – Eva Tomka at firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply please follow the link below:
Closing Date: Monday 9th August.