Finance Manager - Technical x2
Finance Manager – Technical x 2
Reading Borough Council are entering a period of exciting change. Despite the challenges facing local authorities Reading are focused on improving the quality of life for residences, including investing in new leisure facilities, reducing their carbon footprint, improving customer service and putting in place more self-enabling support within Social Care.
To support these changes at Reading, we are recruiting two Finance Manager – Technical opportunities.
The Finance Manager – Technical roles, will work closely with the Chief Accountant and the wider Finance Team to drive improvements to internal technical accounting standards, ensuring the Council can efficiently report its financial performance to support key decision-making.
- Significantly contributing to the delivery of the annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with CIPFA Accounting Code
- Implementing and maintaining internal standards and timetables for technical accounting procedures and processes
- Influencing and managing key relationships with senior stakeholders
- Working closely with wider finance team to provide expert technical financial advice to support the delivery of financial information
- Managing and supporting Technical Accountant
To be suitable for this role you need to be a fully qualified finance professional with a strong technical skillset. You will have proven experience of year end closing processes, within a Public Sector context.
All initial working will be remote, with significant flexibility to work from home in the longer term.
To apply for this position, please use the link provided, and for more information on Reading, the recruitment process and to see the job description please contact Matthew Swindell at Allen Lane.
Apply for Finance Manager - Technical x2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly