Interim Treasury Accountant - Remote Working
A London Borough are currently looking to recruit an Interim Treasury Accountant where you responsible for managing the Council's debt and investment portfolios.
On a day to day basis this means managing the Council's cash flow position to ensure surplus cash is invested in line with the Council's counterparty list and all transactions are executed correctly and within the control environment.
You will be responsible for monitoring to senior officers and several committees including audit and corporate governance, cabinet and Council.
As the Treasury Accountant you will also deal with full reconciliation of the treasury codes, financial accounting and all year end entries.
- To manage the Council’s cash flow on a daily, medium and long term basis within the parameters of the Treasury Management Strategy
- To ensure security of the Council’s investments and secure the best rates of interest after that primary goal is met
- To understand the financial environment and its impact on the Council’s treasury activities
- To understand the Council’s debt requirements and advise senior officers on how to finance borrowing requirements
- To understand and analyse the Council’s balance sheet position and use this to inform the treasury position
- To be responsible for the control environment of the treasury function and financial reporting for the treasury management function
- To support the Head of Treasury and Financial Transactions with the strategy for treasury management To provide advice on leasing, private finance initiative and other financing routes
You ideally will have worked within a treasury function within Local Government or large public sector organisation
CCAB qualified or will consider Qualified by experience
Apply for Interim Treasury Accountant - Remote Working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly