Finance Analyst, FP&A
Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
The Analyst role provides support to the Director of Global FP&A, delivering all financial communication with regards to the performance of the business. The team also provides analytical support to the CFO to drive business performance. Moreover, the team also serves as the finance business partner to our Corporate functions. On an as need basis, they will provide support to other members of Godiva's Corporate management team and participate in ad-hoc projects.
• Provide financial analysis to support the Director, including analysis of financial performance for the consolidated Godiva business.
• Prepare financial reports and dashboards to track Corporate function budgets (i.e. HR, SC, IT, etc.).
• Provide a thorough analytical assessment on the Corporate function budgets with granularity to GL accounts; identifying opportunities for savings.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for continuous improvement (planning/reporting and operational) across the business.
• Provide support to the Director in maintaining appropriate information on actual financial performance to aid in corporate reporting to our parent company. Participate in preparation of financial information for internal and external reporting purposes.
• Partner with Corporate functions to develop Annual Operating Plan (budget), latest estimate, and forecasts.
• Create analysis models to value strategic options for new channel development, new market entry, capital investment spend and marketing spend options
• Assist Director with management of Godiva’s Corporate Insurance program
• Oversight and assist with Global IT-related initiatives (budgets, analysis, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
• 3-5 years of relevant experience.
• CPA is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent financial analysis skills (particularly financial modelling skills)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
• Enjoy working on a team while possessing a strong independent work ethic.
• Excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office applications-Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Hyperion preferred.
• Minor travel (approx. 5%) may be required occasionally
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs in an office environment
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.