If you’re recently or newly qualified and looking for your next career move then we’d love to hear from you. This is a leading and exciting role working alongside CIPFA’s team of policy and technical experts.
We have an excellent opportunity to help shape the professional interface between key stakeholders and CIPFA.
We are looking to recruit a finance professional to join our team of respected experts and to hit the ground running. We will help you to develop your knowledge of key aspects of public financial management. In return, you will have the opportunity to immediately be part of an exciting period of change where we modernise our technical support to members and customers while maintaining existing high standards. The role will allow you to develop your expertise in specific key areas.
You may have some experience of public sector finance but more importantly, your values will be consistent with the core values of management public money. It is essential you have a willingness to learn and be ready to contribute towards providing the best possible service in a changing environment.
The role involves:
- Regular contact with our subscribers and stakeholders using webinar technology, responding to complex enquiries and monitoring the technical landscape
- Researching and writing technical briefings and papers on a range of topics facing public sector finance professionals within a range of disciplines
- Assisting in providing direct technical services to our subscribers and to our members
- have a professional accountancy qualification
- be willing to learn about the global and UK challenges facing public sector finance
- be effective at working independently, developing relationships, possess practical 'hands on' approach, together with excellent communication skills
In return we offer:
- 36 hour working week (normally between the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm) within a flexible framework
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 10% employer's pension contribution
- Season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & well-being, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
CIPFA is a forward-looking organisation and is presently developing a modern and progressive approach to flexible working. The location for the role will be dual location at both home and at a designated CIPFA office.