Finance Business Partner
The role of Finance Business Partner is a newly created post, ideally suited to an ambitious individual seeking to stretch and develop themselves within a high-profile environment.
As the Inquiry draws to its natural conclusion, we’re in the most important phase of delivering our work. It is vital that we reach a successful conclusion. In order to do so a strong effective Finance & Commercial team is required to ensure that effective systems and processes for all financial and procurement transactions are in place to manage expenditure, ensuring value for money, and compliance with the relevant financial and commercial regulatory requirements.
The Finance Business Partner will provide support and challenge to the Inquiry's senior management team to ensure that decisions are made with reference to accurate financial information and consequences, putting finance at the heart of decision making. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing effective relationships at senior management level to understand the business priorities and challenges of each individual directorate, whilst demonstrating appropriate challenge and influence to improve business decision making.
- Implementing and driving regular ongoing meetings with each Directorate Lead in order to become a trusted partner.
- Supporting the assurance and interpretation of financial management information for stakeholders, planning, monitoring, and managing budget delegations including financial reporting at Directorate levels.
- Developing the financial risk management process.
- Operating effectively within the Home Office's system of financial control, identifying appropriate and creative solutions to business challenges.
The successful candidate will be CCAB, ACCA, CIMA, or CIPFA qualified (or currently studying and member of these associations). In addition to financial knowledge and expertise, candidates will require strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
As well as the opportunity to work for the public good and stretch and develop yourself in doing so, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
For further information and to apply please click the apply button.
Applications must be received by 21/05/2021
IICSA embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.