Commercial Finance Manager
The role is responsible for contributing to achievement of the financial corporate targets and to act as a strategic business partner
Reports to: Group Manager, Commercial Finance
Geographic Scope: Japan
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Provide proactive commercial insights and transparency to enable well thought/informed marketing decisions
- Ensure effective resource allocation through conducting Business Cases and Post Implementation
- Reviews in line with Group Best Practices (PLM & DoA)
- Lead the development of strong financial and commercial awareness within the brand marketing function
- Implement best practice methodologies and tools
- Support the Commercial Finance Group Manager in driving P&E strategy and modelling P&E scenarios
- To conduct value-added financial analysis, provide accurate and timely Brand related financial information/reports to help the Japan Group make the best decision-making and evaluate Brand strategy implementation and overall business performance.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University degree or similar gained from experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance positions, preferably in the FMCG Industry.
- English and Japanese (spoken and written)
- Experience in investment appraisal evaluation is a plus
- Effective working relationships
- Accuracy and pro-activeness
- Drive for results and solution focused attitude
- Strong Leadership & Influencing skills and the ability to use those in a matrix structured organization
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Provide timely and accurate reports/analyses for concerned managers in Brand Marketing group and help their decision making.
- Build close relationship/communication with managers in Brand Marketing group and Finance/Accounting group to conduct the effective spend control and perform/review financial analysis.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!