Senior Business Finance Analyst (Japanese, English)
3 days left
- Full Time
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Japan due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative coursework such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or finance or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant financial or analytical experience in investment banking/financial services, management consulting, or technology company.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese and English fluently.
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheets, familiarity with SQL, and analytical experience working with large volumes of complex data.
- Ability and willingness to proactively communicate with people including senior leadership.
- Ability to craft and deliver a message with credibility to influence senior leadership.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
Business Finance helps ensure that Google makes sound business decisions. As a Senior Business Finance Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics or else, will be used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. You will gain invaluable experience in this role which offers extensive interaction with senior-level management.
In this role, you will provide decision support to the Japan management team across functions, with a primary focus on ads business and functions that matter to it. As a member of this team, you will be leading or involved in projects partnering with various teams in sales, partnership, marketing, product, go-to-market, as well as finance across the world. You will be responsible for financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, budgeting, and will proactively demonstrate thought leadership in building financial and operational insight, strategy and processes, as well as initiating or managing relevant projects.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Provide management with insights and recommendations into drivers of growth, market trends, risks, and opportunities leading to growth enhancing business and product actions.
- Engage in or lead deep dive analyses to generate the insights and recommendations.
- Support critical Business Finance processes such as growth forecasting, business goal setting, and business performance tracking/evaluations.
- Act as a liaison to connect central Finance teams and the local teams.