Senior Business Analyst, Financial Engineering
3 days left
- Full Time
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will provide expert advice and guidance to the team responsible for market risk analytics, data analysis, and advanced tools or techniques (such as Requirement and Business Analysis, SQL, MicroStrategy, Tableau), and Mortgage financial industry knowledge to business or financial data, including model results. Your efforts will enable the team to analyze or report on business performance, solve business questions, or inform business decisions. Work may include developing models or prototypes to achieve these goals, but is not the core focus in the role.
This role is essential for Market Risk Management to support Capital Markets Trading Desk and Risk Management. The person will be responsible for new enhancements, releases & maintenance activities; which will assist in filling the gap created by additional enhancements driven by market and regulatory needs.
- Use advanced requirements analysis and data analytics to create business process flows and algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes.
- Develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective financial asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure and hedge market risk.
- Provide ongoing analysis of new financial asset classes and suggest program modifications as necessary.
- May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Senior Business Analyst, Financial Engineering role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Confer with product managers, business unit management and capital markets staff to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product features, investment instruments, market activity, or complex transactions to be analyzed.
- Report in quantitative manner on data attributes and parameters of proposed purchase, sale, market transactions, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes of risk management of fixed income instruments like Mortgage Loans, Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMOs), Callable Bonds, Debt and Derivatives like Swaps, Swaptions and other similar instruments.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects.
- Redefine and implement the components of new risk indicators. Consult with the business owners, design and implement an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 2 years
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or related or equivalent
- 4 - 6 years of related experience
- Experience with requirements analysis and documentation
- Exposure to relational and dimensional data model concepts
- Technical skills: Data analysis using SQL, Excel, Business Intelligence Reporting using MicroStrategy/Tableau
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Experience with business process re-engineering and/or continuous process improvement preferred
- Experience with Fixed Income Instruments, Risk Management, System & Data Analysis, preferred
- Subject matter expertise in mortgage finance, fixed Income analysis and risk management, mortgage instruments (MBS, Loan, CMO) data, hedging principles and hedging instruments using swap and swaptions, preferred
- Experience leading projects and initiatives
- Experience mentoring staff
- FRM or CFA Certification is a plus
Req ID: REF3152E